Thursday 4 April 2013

College Front Cover

Getting started with me college magazine 

This is the appearance of my magazine so far. I had a few studio shots taken and out of all the ones that were taken i thought this one would be the most relevant one for this magazine. Its different looks a bit edgy ,modern and i think it makes the magazine look a bit more interesting. I had to use a bit of photoshop to edit the image so that it has the tone that it has right now. 

I went for a big and bold font in the end i decided to call the magazine "COOLAGE" something a bit out of the ordinary, simple and easy to remember. The imagine and some of the text had some dull colours and didn't really have much that would pop up to the reader. So because of this i decided to add a few lines with colours, it was simple but yet it gave the magazine an instant pop, a great look for it. I am still yet to consider what other types of coverlines that i would like to add to the magazine. 




I am actually very pleased with the presentation of my magazine so far. I think its very unique there are still a few things that I am yet to add, and i am considering playing around with some of the colours just to make sure that they are the way that i want them to be like. 

This is my final front cover now completed, I have changed just a few things one thing being the colour of the splat. I am very impressed with the way that it has turned out, I think that it is something that will be appealing to audience that I'm targeting. There isn't much of a great deal of difference to the first draft of the front cover to the final one. I think that's because i was already pretty pleased with what I had produced so I didn't see that there was much that I could have changed. During the making of the magazine cover I still continued to look through other examples of college magazines just for a bit of inspiration and to help me spot the typical trends that I didn't want to appear on mine. I decided to change the colour of the splat, this is because I wanted it to pop out and to be clear and noticeable so I thought the change in colour did just this. I decided to put '' 157 ultimate winter activities" because its very eye catching and could be something of interest to the college age readers. " Revise Strive" I thought this was something pretty simple but of interest, linked with something within the magazine to inspire college students to do well and work hard to strive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment