Thursday 4 April 2013

Task 5:College Magazine Research

My task is to design a college magazine. I have taken a look at some former college magazines, most based on a specific college but i intend on making my magazine relevant to anyone from any college or those looking for a college. So this will mainly be relevant for those between the ages of 16-18 but will also include some pages with adult courses and information. I am going to be focusing on the college lifestyle how to make it enjoyable and productive and helping them to find a college that is close to them. I am also going to be looking at the things that they should take into consideration when choosing a college. I do not intend on favouring another college in comparison to another this will just be a viewing of each one and what they have to offer. With the appearance of the magazine i will need to take into consideration taglines, coverlines, the main image and masthead. I want the magazine to be very relaxed more of a source of entertainment, i will do this by focusing on seasonal subjects or activities, and discount offers that would be available to them as students.  I have thought of some coverlines like "summer madness" or "revise strive", just simple but yet engaging. I want people to see it as something different a magazine that is actually relevant to each individual, filled with context that anyone can relate to, kind of just like a normal magazine but education based. I am going to take a wide look into other magazines before considering what i want to do for mine exactly. I have to also consider different types of titles for the magazine, one that is memorable. I don't want to go for the ordinary classical college magazine names, i want something that stands out and is seen as something unique, i am yet to think of some possibilities. I will also take a look at different fonts because as much as the name is important so is the font, it could really show the potential success of the magazine. I want to keep all the things within it modern based so i will have to take a look at different types of fonts. 

The overall look of my magazine is very important, all the colours, fonts and images all contribute to how appealing it will be to someone. If its just dull, boring and very information based it is very unlikely that it will be looked at by most people especially of that age. I want it to be for a broad audience, so i can't just have context that will only be relevant to females otherwise it will only be relevant to them. I want to use a variety of colours and images so that both males and females will take on interest. My magazine will be aimed at college students and also people that might be taking University courses at the college. I want the magazine to represent the culture of college, and to show the different diverse groups within the college and the different interests that people have, so that almost everyone is in favor of it.

As i have mentioned earlier on i would like to have seasonal subjects within the magazine, so when it comes to publishing i think it would be best to make it termly. I don't want them to be published to frequently that it would end up being a bore to people, but i want it to be an excitement something to look forward to. This would also work efficiently especially considering events and holidays that could be happening at the time. 

Here is are some examples of the type of work i would like to produce. 













   

No comments:

Post a Comment