Friday 19 April 2013

Ideas for my Music Magazine

So for this task I will be designing a music magazine the magazine will mainly be based on urban music. So my target audience is for those who are interested in this type of music and for young people and young adults, mainly the ages of 16-25 or so. This is to be a magazine with a lot of entertainment, filled with celebrity gossip, fashion trends, top music charts and insights into a celebrity (one on the front cover). I have thought of a few cover lines that I could possibly use for the magazine front cover such as " tunes that are a must", "change to win tickets to see your fav artist" or "Lil wanyes disses Kanye". They are all simple but could really entice potential readers to look at the magazine. Its important that I do all I can to catch their attention as the music magazine is a very competitive market and there are plenty of music magazines that are successful. I want to be able to indicate the success of each magazine and find a way that I can apply it to my own one.


 I have to also take a look at a lot of Masthead names and consider my own ones, the ones that I have thought of so far are "DMX"  "WAVE" and "UNLEASHED. I am not too sure yet whether I am definitely going to use them, I want a name that is pretty short. I want a name that appeals to the reader and one that is also memorable and unique. The look of the magazine is a very important aspect, especially the main image, I want it to be very eye catching. 

The colour schemes, image and fonts are all very important and need to be taken into account. With whatever I choose to do I want to make sure that the magazine will still be relevant for both males and females, for the style of magazine that I want to do, for it to be successful I can't just categorise the gender. I will also need to take into consideration how I am going to take the picture this including the black ground colour of the image. I will also need to look at when I would be looking to publish the magazine and how often that would be. I reckon that they would come out pretty often, as there are always stories going around and different types of trends and seasons changing every now and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment