Friday 19 April 2013

Question 4 & 5: Who would be the audience for your media product? How did you attract/address your audience?



Audience for the Product 

As mentioned before i think my magazine is of greater interest to those who have interest in rap music. Its mainly for urban music, with a black African American style. I think this will be more eye catching for a male audience, because of the style of music and some female pictures that would be presented within the magazine. The age range for this would be roughly 16-24 or so i reckon. I think my audience would also have interest in fashion, music channels especially BET( Black entertainment TV) and even other various types of magazines. I would say that some of them would spend their time trying to get into the hip-hop industry trying to make their own music to be like the rappers that are already there right now. 


I would say that roughly 80% of the magazine is targeted at a male audience, with the median age of 27 and maybe around 40% of college buyers. 

Most of the readership are of a young age meaning they are very involved with technology the latest sites and social networking. Twitter has become very popular even most of the celebrities have this, and some of the issues and stories of celebrities they would already be familiar with them from this. Some of them even follow these celebrities meaning that if they are presented with a magazine on more information of their favourite rapper or artist they would be more than willing to take a deeper look into it. 

I've had to make some assumptions of the type of things that my audience would like to see by looking at other magazines( mode of address).I think I mainly found it a lot easier to make this product because the particular genre of my magazine is the type of music that I have an interest in. I focused on some of my interests that would also be of interest of other readers. I looked at what's in style at the moment making sure that my magazine keeps up with the world changes. I think most of the readership of this magazine would be very into music and the celebrity culture life. I made sure that my magazine includes the basic type of artists and stuff that would even be presented on music channels. Enticing them also by featuring some of the main singers and rapper e.g Kanye West, Rihanna and ASAP Rocky, even though there are limited amounts of features, it is still a point of interest to the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment