Friday 19 April 2013

Contents & Double Page Spreads




















I have decided to do some research into contents pages and double page spreads, I thought this would be a good idea so that I at least have an idea of what I could do and looking at how the ones of existing magazines look like. I thought that this would be a good in sight for me to be able to make mine successful when I come round to doing it. One of the contents pages that I took a look at was from Vibe magazine ( one to the left) and then the other is from MixMag, I love the way that they are both presented and the different styles that they have. I think they are both very visually appealing. Since I am going for a Urban type of style I think that something like the Vibe magazine contents page would be much more relevant for the style of genre. 





For the double page spreads I looked at one from XXL magazine ( one ontop) and I also took a look at NME magazine one the one with Nicki Minaj. I must say i love the way that they are both laid out, NME magazine one being my favourite. The main images say a lot and they are very appealing. I have also noticed from this that colour scheme is an important aspect and can bring across a different message. From looking at this I now have a few ideas of the type of double page spread that I would like to create, I am actually looking forward to doing this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment